Bland Visitor Information
Bland, New South Wales - Visitor Information
Bland is a rural town located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. Here are some important things to know before visiting:
Bland is located approximately 490km southwest of Sydney and 480km northwest of Melbourne. The easiest way to get here is by car, but there are also buses and trains that stop in nearby towns.
Things to Do
- Visit the Bland Arboretum, which features a variety of plant species from around the world.
- Take a drive along the Bland Scenic Drive, which offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Go fishing or boating on the nearby Wyangan Lake.
- Explore the historic streets of nearby West Wyalong.
There are a few options for accommodations in Bland and the surrounding area, including:
- Bland Hotel - a historic hotel located in the center of town.
- West Wyalong Caravan Park - a campsite located in the nearby town of West Wyalong.
- Various Airbnb and vacation rental options in the area.
Where to Eat
There are a few restaurants and cafes in Bland and the surrounding area, including:
- Bland Hotel Restaurant - offers a variety of Australian and international dishes.
- West Wyalong Bakery - serves freshly baked bread, pastries, and sandwiches.
- KFC - located in West Wyalong for those craving fast food.
Bland has a humid subtropical climate, with hot summers and cool winters. The average temperature in January is around 30 degrees Celsius, while the average temperature in July is around 11 degrees Celsius.
For more information about visiting Bland, contact the Bland Shire Council or visit their website.